The Expat Woman Policy (this “Policy”) describes how The Expat Woman, LLC (“The Expat Woman,” “we,” “us,” and “our”) may collect, use, store, and disclose your personal information when you use or access The Expat Woman’s website located at https://theexpatwoman.com and all of our other websites to which this Policy is posted and any other services, content, and features made available by us through such websites (collectively, the “Site”).
This Policy is part of our Terms of Service [include hyperlink to the Terms of Service]. By using or accessing the Site, you acknowledge and accept the terms of this Policy and consent to the collection, use, storage, and disclosure of your personal information as described in this Policy. If you do not agree to every provision of this Policy, you may not access or use the Site.
- Information We Collect and Track
We may collect or track the following information:
- Information You Provide to Us: In general, you may visit the Site without telling us who you are or sharing any personal information with us. When you register for an account for the Site, we may request information, including your name, address, phone number, email address, etc. The Expat Woman may also store your correspondence, including emails, which you may have with The Expat Woman and any comments you post on The Expat Woman’s Blog.
- Information from Mobile Devices, Tablets, Computers or Other Devices: When you access or use the Site, The Expat Woman may also gather certain information automatically from the mobile phone, tablet, computer, or other device that you use to access the Site. This information may include your domain, browser type, Internet Service Provider, the current web address you are visiting, operating system, access times and history, information relating to your activities and preferences on the Site, device type, telephone number, mobile carrier, language, images or other content users post, content users download, communications on the Site with other users, posts in public forums, and information from cookies or other technology.
- How We Use Information
We may use the information we collect or track for the purposes described elsewhere in this Policy and our general commercial purposes, including, among other things, to:
- Operate and maintain the quality of the Site;
- Enhance the Site’s content and information;
- Diagnose problems within the Site;
- Provide customer support;
- Detect, prevent, and investigate actual or suspected fraud, hacking, infringement, or other misconduct involving the Site; and
- Track event ticket sales.
- To send you marketing communication and newsletters about our Services.
The Company likes to keep its clients, personnel and other interested parties informed of legal developments of interest to them. If you do not wish to receive publications or details of events or seminars that we consider may be of interest to you, please let us know by emailing
- Disclosure of Collected and Tracked Information
We collect your information and provide the collected information to The Expat Woman’s affiliates (“Affiliates”), which includes third-party retailers, advertisers, and agents. The Expat Woman may disclose your information when legally required to do so.
- Information Collected by Third Parties: We may permit Affiliates to collect information: including your name, personal email address, home address, billing information and other information you provided when you sign up for an Expat Woman event.
- Legal Compliance: The Expat Woman may disclose your personal information to comply with applicable law and law enforcement inquiries, other government agency inquiries and requests, court orders, and subpoenas.
- Protection of The Expat Woman and Others: The Expat Woman may also disclose your personal information to exercise or defend our legal rights, to protect the security of the Site and our business, to investigate and prevent illegal or tortious activity, to protect the rights, property or safety of others, and to enforce or apply The Expat Woman’s Terms of Service and other agreements.
- Business Transfers: We may choose to buy or sell assets and may share and/or transfer customer information in connection with the evaluation of and entry into such transactions. Also, if we are acquired, go out of business, enter bankruptcy, or go through some other change of control, your personal information could be one of the assets transferred to or acquired by a third party.
- Simple Notification Service Registration: If you register through a Simple Notification Service, such as Instagram or Twitter (“SNS”), we will extract the personal information you have provided to the SNS (such as your name, email address, profile information, profile picture, photos, names and profile pictures of your friends, your friends’ profile information, and other information you make available via the SNS from the account you have with the SNS) and use that information to create your account (“Account”) to use for our Site. The specific information that we extract may depend on the privacy settings you and your SNS friends have with the SNS. You hereby consent to our access to and collection of such personal information about you.
- Changes to Personal Information
Subject to applicable law, which might, from time to time, oblige us to store your personal information for a certain period of time, you may update, modify, or delete your information by contacting us at firstname.lastname@example.org or writing to us at The Expat Woman, 201 Spear Street #1100, San Francisco, CA 94105.
- Disclosure of Facebook Pixels, and Cookies
We use Facebook pixels in a variety of ways to:
- Provide customized content and information;
- Store information;
- Keep count of return visits to the Site;
- Accumulate and report statistical information on Site usage;
- Determine which features users like best;
- Assess the popularity and effectiveness of the Site;
- Determine whether and when an email was opened;
- Facilitate commissions; and
- Improve the Site and create new services.
By agreeing to the terms of this Policy, you consent to our placement of Facebook Pixels on your web browsers and machines that are used to access the Site.
- Age Restriction/Children’s Online Privacy
The Site is not directed, or intended to be attractive, to children under the age of 13. The Expat Woman does not knowingly collect or solicit personally identifiable information from children under the age of 13. If you are under the age of 13, do not use the Site or submit any information to us.
- State Specific Disclosures/California
For California residents: Under California Civil Code Section 1798.83, if you are a California resident and The Expat Woman has an established business relationship with you, you may have the right to request information from The Expat Woman, free of charge, regarding the manner in which The Expat Woman shares certain categories of personal information with third parties (whether collected online or offline), for the third parties’ direct marketing purposes. You are entitled to receive a copy of this information in a standardized format and the information will not be specific to you individually. The Expat Woman’s designated email address for such requests is email@example.com. You may also request this information by writing to: 201 Spear Street #1100, San Francisco, CA 94105.
You are responsible for maintaining the secrecy of your unique password and account information at all times.
We use what we believe to be appropriate procedures to protect information against unauthorized access and disclosure. Information you elect to post on our Site, emails and other information you send to us are not encrypted and such transmissions cannot be considered a secure means of transmitting sensitive information.
You should be aware of the limitations of security, authentication, encryption, and privacy measures used in connection with the Internet and that any information you transmit through the Site may be damaged, corrupted, “sniffed” and/or accessed by another person without your permission. Regardless of the precautions taken by you or by us, “perfect security” does not exist on the Internet. Third parties may unlawfully intercept or access transmissions or private communications, and other users may abuse or misuse your personal information that they collect from the Site. Therefore, although we work very hard to protect your privacy, we do not promise, and you should not expect, that your personal information or private communications will always remain private.
The Expat Woman may modify this Policy at any time. You should review all applicable terms regularly. When we revise this Policy, we will post the revised version on the Site. Any revised version of this Policy will be effective upon posting on the Site, unless otherwise set forth therein or as otherwise provided by us or required by applicable law. You are free to decide whether or not to accept a revised version of this Policy, but accepting this Policy, as revised, is required for you to continue accessing and using the Site. If you do not agree to this Policy or any revised version of this Policy, your sole recourse is to terminate your access to and use of the Site. Except as otherwise expressly stated by us, your access to and use of the Site are subject to, and constitute your acceptance of, the version of this Policy in effect at the time of your access or use.
- Contact Information
If you have any questions, inquiries, requests, complaints, or comments regarding this Policy, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Updated as of: [13th June, 2020]